Thank you for your interest in ALPHACAM! We strive to provide you with the finest CAM software and training in the industry. Please take a few moments to review the following information, which is intended to guide you through the enrollment process for our training classes.
The ALPHACAM training courses are conducted at a Planit Solutions Inc. Training Facility. Our three locations include Charlotte, North Carolina, Forest Lake, Minnesota and Carlsbad, California. Schedules of dates and locations are subject to change, as we require a minimum of 3 students per course.
Tentatively scheduled classes may be subject to cancellation unless three or more attendees have enrolled and have provided a method of payment. The decision to cancel a particular class will be made approximately 2-weeks prior to the tentatively scheduled class dates. Attendees will be contacted at that time should a scheduled class be cancelled. This should provide adequate time to pre-book any travel arrangements that might have to be made. It is highly recommended that you make your travel arrangements only after the cancellation time period. Once the minimum class size has been reached, all those who have been tentatively scheduled will be sent a confirmation letter with exact dates, times, and locations of training, along with a map of the selected area facility.
Basic Skills to Attend ALPHACAM Training
ALPHACAM training courses are designed to help users implement the use of ALPHACAM software into their manufacturing environment. Course content is adjusted to suit the general capabilities of trainees. However, it is essential for individuals who attend our courses to possess certain fundamental skills and experience. This ensures all attendees gain a standard and consistent level of training excellence from ALPHACAM. In efforts to ensure that all attendees return to their organizations capable of performing required programming tasks using ALPHACAM, all attendees must meet the following requirements.
• Basic computer skills applicable to simple computer operation.
• The layout of the standard keyboard and the location and use of the following keys:
Tab, Delete, Backspace, Esc, Alt and Ctrl keys, the number keypad and keys associated with the basic math functions such as add, subtract, multiply and divide.
• How to use a mouse and its buttons, the mouse pointer and the proper way to position the pointer on the screen for selecting or windowing a selection box.
• The terminology used in relation to the mouse such as click and double click, drag and drop, cut and paste, and move and copy, and the ability to perform such tasks with the mouse.
ALPHACAM runs only in Microsoft Windows 32/bit operating environments, such as Windows NT®, XP®, and 2000®. However, in keeping in line with Microsoft, Planit supports Windows XP® and Vista environment only. Every prospective trainee must be familiar with the use of the Windows interface. This familiarity must include:
• The location and use of the Start Menu, Taskbar, and application icons.
• How to open an application, minimize it to the Taskbar and maximize it from the Taskbar.
• How to start an application from a shortcut or from the Start menu.
• How to start Microsoft Windows Explorer® and use it to manage and find the files and folders on the computer.
• How to set options to show or hide the three-letter filename extensions.
• How to copy a file to a floppy disc and from the floppy to the correct path on the hard drive.
Machine Tool Skills
All trainees must have a basic working knowledge of their CNC machine tool and its control unit such as: the loading of programs, the setting of tool lengths and offset registers, and so on.
Students, who do not possess the minimum requirements as described above, would struggle to keep pace with the practical application portion of the training. This will frustrate the other students attending the course who do possess such competence. Progress in the class would inevitably be reduced by the inability of an unqualified student to keep up with the pace of our courses. Accordingly, we will not accept students into training courses who do not meet the prerequisites for the class.
Any individual, who arrives for training and does not possess these prerequisite skills and knowledge, will not be permitted to attend the training and the payment made for the course will be forfeited.
For More information on ALPHACAM Training, please contact:
ALPHACAM Training Department
800.753.8009 Toll Free